Saturday 12 February 2011

BLOW WIND AND CRACK YOUR CHEEKS...


….rage! blow! You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you have drench’d our steeples, drown’d the cocks!
You sulphurous and thought-executing fires,
Vaunt – couriers to oak-cleaving thunderbolts ….



No, not Richard (of RBB) after a night at the Bombay Curry Parlour, but the mini cyclone we are having as a follow up to its big sister of two weeks ago. Rain is pelting down and the wind is getting fierce. Two weeks ago the cyclone washed out a bridge on the road out to the Heads and caused many slips and road obstructions. Today we may see more of the same. I've been up since 3AM. I couldn't sleep because of a sore and swollen arm. One of the many scratches and cuts from my gardening endeavours has become infected. As we do live a bit far away from town I didn't want to risk blood poisoning limiting my ability to drive into the doctors if I left it to the last minute so went in this morning. Sure enough there is an infection and I have anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory medication to take. Driving home through the rain reminded me of the terror drive last fortnight and I wondered if I would get home. Fortunately the storm is not as bad but it is a further wake-up call. We may have to consider getting a boat with a motor as kayaking into town would take several hours and would not be recommended if sick or injured.



3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You poor old man! I think you should stay out of the garden in future.

Anonymous said...

A motor boat sounds like fun as well as useful to you.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Be careful. I always clean and cover any garden scratches with acriflavine lotion. It looks horrible, but keeps you safe.