Wednesday 9 February 2011

SWINGING IN THE RAIN

...what a wonderful feeling...


I played golf in the rain today. What is happening to me? I'm not a golf fanatic but I do want to get my official handicap down and the only way to do that is to play 18 holes with a recognised member who signs your card. On Wednesdays the LOB's play (Lovely Old Blokes or Lazy Old Bastards - take your pick) in a kind of casual tournament. I turned up at 8AM with a wary eye on the weather and we headed out only for it to piss down for the next couple of hours. Bastard! I played crap golf asking myself what the hell I was doing out there and the resulting score-sheet is unlikely to reduce the handicap by much if at all. Getting home saturated and cold (which was actually quite welcome after the last week of sweltering temperatures) I had a long hot bath and liked having the excuse not to do the gardening because of the rain (different rules apply for gardening than golf you know).

5 comments:

Bunny Hoskins said...

I'm chewin' a carrot over this one.

Bunny Hoskins said...

Do you play golf with a walking frame?

Anonymous said...

After chewing this over you've decided to ask if his golf partner was very skinny? Where is this leading?

Richard (of RBB) said...

If one can play golf in the rain, one can garden in the rain.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I agree with you on this one TC. There are different rules for Gardening, Painting and building.
If it rains or even threatening to rain, then no WORK can be done. It is actually quite pleasant to walk in the rain if :
1. It's not too heavy
2. You've got good rainware and a hat
3. It's not too cold or windy