Sunday 17 April 2011

BIG RESPONSIBILITIES.

I've been busy recently with my studies, the charity project I'm leading and putting together a proposal for an overseas wine venture so I haven't been posting very much. I offered to host Richard's Wind Bass Bag while he is on holiday but didn't expect to have to do anything. Like real estate I just assumed that the money would roll in.
Its only been a few hours into the job and already Second (not the blogger known as Freako Second but that could be one of Second's alter egos) is complaining that I'm not posting up to Richard's voluminous standard. He said "Just post a picture of some buses and you think we are happy? We expect an account of your morning, the cat, your wife..."  
I would like to say to Second that if I wore Richard's voluminous black underpants


then things could be different but, you know me, I don't like to be rude.
To keep Second off my back here is what happened so far today.

My morning


A nice sleep in followed by a big breakfast (poached eggs on toasted home made bread with hollandaise sauce and fried potatoes on the side), then a 4km walk along, and a swim (body surfing) at Ocean Beach.


My cat


Willow was introduced to the neighbours new cat today. I don't know the cats name but it is a cute and very friendly little black and white number. Too friendly for Willow as it decided to come into our house


I don't think that there will be a great relationship in the making.


My wife


Well, technically The Old Girl is not my wife but we have been together for 23 years and as she is no one else's wife I guess that I have some claim over her (I don't like that ownership thing in relationships).
Her work takes her away a lot and we don't often get a chance to spend whole weekends together. This weekend she is home and all next week and Easter. Great, although my bad habits, poor housekeeping and aforementioned sloppy gardening techniques might drive her to seeking solace in partaking of illegal substances.




My afternoon


Leaving the Old Girl to do the gardening I walked down the road to play snooker with the girls



Actually, to be honest, it wasn't with the girls but with the old guys



but it was still fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big improvement.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

That was fun.

Leave out references to the big black underpants next time, it put me off my morning coffee.

Thanks.