Thursday 26 May 2011

RESOLUTION

I completed my face to face assessment yesterday so have now completed all of the assessments required for my real estate agent's qualification. I'll have to now fork out another $1100 for the certification and registration process, this on top of the $1400 for the course and $500 for ancillary courses. I also bought a new laptop yesterday that is essential for the business. Luckily Warehouse Stationery are running an amazing special on HP dv6's which have all the grunt needed. They are below cost at $999.
After my assessment, as I was in town, I went to Countdown supermarket for groceries. Going around the store and filling the cart trying to seek out the specials I realised (after overhearing conversations of other shoppers) how expensive Countdown really is. Having just spent a lot of money I was damned if I was going to give a whole lot more to Progressive so I abandoned the cart (after replacing perishables back where I got them) and headed off to Pak 'n' Save. Items were noticeably cheaper there and I was able to find nearly everything on my list. They don't do a great line in luxury goods but have all staples at better prices. Looking around the store though, at the customers, I resolved to work bloody hard at this real estate caper. A lot of them looked as if they hadn't had a bath or even a wash in ages. I don't want to be as poor as some of the people that I was surrounded by.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You'll be right when those commissions start rolling in.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Agent Comeinyourpants,
This post (talking about people who need a bath) reminds me of an old joke...
A gorilla goes into a restaurant and and orders their caramalised banana desert special.
After he's finished the Maitre D comes up and says,
"We don't get many gorillas in here."
The gorilla replies,
"I'm not surprised, the food's terrible."

What's the link you made between poor people and people not washing?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Oh, and congratulations on your new career.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Well done on completing your course.

Does this mean that you can no longer go out in the sunshine? and do you have to avoid garlic?

I knmow what you mean in Pak-N-Save. Every time I go in there (we find they have a better selection of vegies)I feel a bit depressed at the condition of the shoppers. Maybe theyfeelthe same about us?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"What's the link you made between poor people and people not washing?"

I should have said a lot of them looked and smelled like they hadn't bathed or washed in ages.