Tuesday 7 June 2011

NEEDLES

I'm off to the big smoke tomorrow to get my travel shots. Consultation with my GP last week identified the precautions that I have to take travelling to a remote part of rural China. Some of them I expected but others.....? I have to have a Hepatitis A shot. Hepatitis B is only necessary if I shoot up with dirty needles, have unprotected sex with prostitutes or go to hospital and have a blood transfusion. I am not planning to do any of those things so we ruled that shot out. I do have to have a typhoid shot. Plus a polio shot. And a flu shot. Did I mention a tetanus shot? And, get this, I have to have a bloody rabies shot.

What sort of bloody country am I going to?



6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good job you're not taking The Old Girl - imagine how many more shots you'd need to cover planking injuries.

Nicola said...

Those are all the shots I needed when I told them I was travelling to India and Nepal- and a whole lot more because I was coming into contact with local children.

P.S. Why are you going to China? Has the real estate business not been too promising in Northland?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Why are you going to China? Has the real estate business not been too promising in Northland?"

I am doing a reverse take-over. I am concerned at the rate of Chinese expansion into New Zealand. I figure if enough kiwis buy land in China we can balance things out.
Now Nicola, I have a nice little shac.....villa in the Ningxia district that might interest you. It comes with 225,000 hectares and your own 450,000 peasants. Be quick.

Anonymous said...

The Chinese make a nice beer. I even copied the label for a sign for my Japanese garden!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

So I guess all Asians or Asiatic people look the same to you Second.

Anonymous said...

I thought it odd that you wouldn't need a small pox vaccination. Perhaps it's only for military types.