Tuesday 5 July 2011

HUNTING AND GATHERING


I went supermarket shopping this afternoon. Stupidly, I did so under the worst conditions. I had not had lunch and only had weetbix for breakfast so I was hungry. Studies have shown that when shoppers are hungry they buy more and are not as selective in what they are buying. I bought lots of fruit. That was good. I bought lots of vegetables. That was bad as supermarkets do not have good vegetables, they are expensive and perish quickly. I bought a bucket of Rush Monroe rum and raisin ice-cream. That was bad. I bought a big slab of Whittaker's rum and raisin chocolate. That was bad. I bought expensive items like razor blades, wine, cashews and Listerine that were not on special. That was very bad. Unbelievably I also bought a can of whipped cream. I've never done that before.  I must have been woozy from medication and lack of food. I'll have to eat all of the ice-cream with the apricot Danishes I bought, smothered in canned whipped cream and hide the packaging before the Old Girl gets back from Auckland.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the chippies to munch on the way home!

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

"I'll have to eat all of the ice-cream with the apricot Danishes I bought, smothered in canned whipped cream "
I hope you're feeling better, because if you're slightl ill and eat that lot you'll be terminal.