Thursday 8 September 2011

...AND GOEBBELS HAD NO BALLS AT ALL....

"No ball!"

I had my first ever golf lesson yesterday - bought for half price on one of those daily discount sites. It was tremendous. In less than half an hour the pro had eliminated the banana-type slice that I have had with my drives for the last 40  plus years.

The Good News


I can now drive straight down the fairway and with the straightening of the shot gain at least 50 metres maybe more. I calculate that I will knock off at least a dozen shots per round and maybe more.

The Bad News


I now no longer end up in the creeks, bushes and on the fence-lines as much so will not be able to fossick about as much as part of my normal game. The result: no time for finding golf balls. The Old Girl will be pleased as she will get the laundry sink back.





(I practised this morning and was hitting really straight. When there was no one behind me though I detoured to the lagoon and found 15 balls. They were muddy and slimy but, once soaked in the sink with some bleach should come up pretty good.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I detoured to the lagoon and found 15 balls."

Probably yours by the sounds of it!