Sunday 18 September 2011

BLOGGING IS GETTING TO ME

Over the last two nights I have had some seriously disturbing dreams.


Friday night's one had Richard (of RBB) in it. For some reason he and Gary Vincent, someone I vaguely knew 20 years ago (a friend of a friend) came around to play snooker and wouldn't go away. They were both enormously fat, smoked like chimneys and demanded beer, wine and snacks. The only way that I got rid of them was to wake up.


Last night I dreamed that TSB, another blogger on the bus station network whom I have never met in person, came around to visit. He brought his lap-top with him and sat in a corner working on his blog. He was unkempt and looked like he had been sleeping rough for some time.


As if this wasn't bad enough, for some reason he brought an old sofa with him. It was tartan coloured and full of holes. It was also infested by rats that when I banged a shoe against it proceeded to swarm out and take over the house.


Robert, you did the Psych degree at University. What does this mean?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol.. ok. Of course only the dreamer can really say for sure.
From the couple of chapters I read one evening in a book about the subject when I was totally bored; dreams are always symbolic. They're the subconscious trying to get through to the conscious mind.
I think the first dream is sexual in origin. The friend who is a long time acquaintance and the one who is hardly known ehem! This is supported by the reference to balls and cues, people with fat tummies( pregnancy),obvious really.
The second dream has TSB ,a font of knowledge, and a couch with obvious scottish references and rats. I don't see the rats as bad, they are I suspect ideas.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Fuck







sorry to resort to that word - I normally manage to resist the urge.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Actually it was a good post and comment by R... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Listen Second, why do psychologists and psychiatrists distil everything down to sex. The dream of Richard(of RBB) in a string vest playing snooker is not sexual, believe me.

Anonymous said...

"Listen Second"
I'm listening all I hear is the adds on TV.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Too much cheese before bedtime.

Not enough whisky, which you are subconsciously aware of, which is why you dreamt of the tartan couch and the rats.
Pity you didn't dream of an opera singer hitting a high note with an amphibian sitting on her head, because that would be a definite clue that you need more La Frog

Anonymous said...

"Too much cheese before bedtime."
Proof , I need proof!

Listen Curmudgeon, why can't I access this blog without going through the labourious route of Richard's train station?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I thought that you had posted a link on your blog?

Angry Jesus said...

Richard's bus depot is the route God, my father, wants you to take. I think it's time I visited you on your blog. Might have a doughnut on the way.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Great. Anytime will do. Why not get the bus (from the bus station). I'll pick you up.