Tuesday 6 September 2011

CHARMING!

I drove The Old Girl to the airport before 6 this morning. She is off to Wellington. It was quite misty around the bays and, in the hollows, downright foggy. I offered to stay around at the airport in case the flight as cancelled but she said "as long as you stay in the car and don't come in to the terminal. You look like a homeless person." Charming!.
Admittedly I was wearing my favourite Marks and Spencer pullover that I have had for twenty odd years. It is full of holes and is gradually coming apart at the seams but it is comfortable.


I have to take her car into town today to have the windscreen replaced which for some reason will take several hours. I will have to wander about town to fill in time. I said that I would wear the pullover to which she suggested that that was OK as she wouldn't be with me and besides, I could get free lunch at the City Mission.

2 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

You're lucky.
My beloved tossed my favourite pullover in the bin last year.
It too was an M & S product. Admittedly it had silver lurex threads entwined in the weave, and the other colours were a bit garish, but SHE gave it to me as a pressy many, many moons ago.
It was so comfortable.
i miss it still.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I have to hide it or she would chuck it out. I have had to retrieve favourite underpants from the rubbish bin (admittedly full of holes but I remind her that when men buy and wear new underwear they are obviously having an affair).