Friday 2 September 2011

HUMAN SPIRIT



We have within us a powerful tool that, if we choose to use it can help to conquer adversity. It isn't a quick-fix. It doesn't instantly overcome poverty, misfortune, illness and loss but it does help us to make sense of things, to try and improve our lot - if we choose to use it. I have a close family member who chose not to use it and is no longer with us. That is a shame. I have other people, friends and associates who are going through some bad times - pressure of work, depression, despondency and yes, loss. I hope that they, and I, choose to use the human spirit to better themselves.





I am reading a book that Richard (of RBB) and Second Fiddle will be interested in. It is The Violin of Auschwitz by Maria Angels Anglada. Largely set in Auschwitz in the Second World War this short novel does show the triumph of spirit over the most dire situation and that in absolute darkness beauty can still be created.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

A lovely, and necessary, post - I loved the video clip.
AC, you are a very intelligent and thoughtful man (though, make no mistake, I don't fancy you sexually - and, sadly, never will).

My strength? I make good choices when picking lifelong friends.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Actually, after reading this
http://www.queendom.com/articles/articles.htm?a=33
I would like to withdraw the above comment.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey, just joking!