Thursday 29 September 2011

I'M BACK BABY - I'M BACK



Yes, we ran out of money. Hey! It was good while it lasted. The Old Girl working all hours. Me playing golf and lazing about, but all good things come to an end. Yesterday I went to Auckland for a job interview. Today the owner of the company rang me to tell me that he wanted me to join his company.
I was conflicted. Yes, I was happy that he chose me. Yes we bloody need the money, but, work. What the hell is that? I'll have to get into training. I agreed to start in November. That will give me time to organise my stuff. And to tell the cat. We will keep the McLeod Bay house as a weekend place and live in Auckland during the week which is really how The Old Girl has been living for the last year. Now we will be together a lot more. By the way, the "I'm back baby, I'm back" clip is because I have re-entered the wine industry having chosen to leave the real estate industry untouched (the white shoes don't suit my navy blue chinos)

10 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Congratulations Agent Comeinyourpants... oops, I can't call you that anymore!
I guess it's back to plain old Comeinyourpants. Well, I mean, The Wine Guy is already taken.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Congratulations on the new job Agent Comeinyourpants.
Oh dear, I'm going to have to rename you on my link list.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Damn, 'The Wine Guy' has already been taken... this is a dilema.

Nicola said...

Good for you- I can no longer hold anything against you (for now).lar

THE CURMUDGEON said...

lar?
What the hell is lar?
Light Automatic Rifle?
Long Acting Release?
Logistics Assessment Review?
Lobby Against Rabbits?
Light Armoured Reconnaissance?
Large Arsed Rugbyplayer?

You should check out my post here:
http://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2011/09/aaaaa.html

Anonymous said...

What happened to the job in China or did I miss a post?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"What happened to the job in China or did I miss a post?"

Well spotted Second Fiddle (thank God that Bob character has buggered off).
I have done preliminary work for our Eastern friends (with an 'r') but they are looking to the bigger stuff from February next year, Well, I have officially ran out of money and cannot justify sponging off The Old Girl for much longer so decided to go back and earn some even though it is not at the level that I was used to before. Instant Gratification (see the next post).

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Well done in avoiding becoming full time estate agent.

Can you still buy back your soul?

Nicola said...

Yes, I am sure he is in a position to buy back his soul using the blood of Christ.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Bloody Christ? That's blasphemy isn't it?