Friday 28 October 2011

NOW I'M SURE

I have to admit that I haven't had as strong a commitment to voting for Labour this election as I have in the past. This by no means is an indication that I favour Mr shonkey John Key though


who resembles a shark more and more as time goes on.


The Old Girl reckons this is because of his 'dead eyes' and I think that she has something there. Sincerity, assuming there is any and I don't, just cannot shine through.

Tonight's election opening addresses on TV One was quite telling. National's was all about Key whether by the endless film clips of him with various dignitaries or him standing in front of an audience pretending to be the driver of the recent and planned changes that this government have in for us. The trouble is that he doesn't engage well with those eyes staring fixedly at a potential next victim. There is no warmth.

Labour's video presentation was impressive. I feel that they created a positive link between the solutions to the problems in the past and an intention to continue to strive to improve the quality of life for the majority of New Zealanders. Downplaying Goff, whether deliberately as the coup advocates believe, or because they choose (sensibly) to not make this an ego-trip for the leader as National is doing, seems to work. (Are they setting young Stuart Nash up to be future leader?).

The Greens came across as being well intentioned but ineffectual. Certainly not to be trusted with the silverware.

I have been believing over the last few years that there is not a great deal of difference between National and Labour in their ability to run the country. National, allowing boofhead Key to dominate has certainly changed my thinking now. I will vote Labour again with great confidence knowing that they are serious and not cartoon characters.

8 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm with Labour; loved that last picture!

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I wouldn't trust Labour to sit the right way on a toilet seat.

Iwouldn't trust the Greens to recognise a toilet seat. (unless of course it's one of those special "dry composting" toilets)

THE CURMUDGEON said...

At least they sit on toilet seats in whichever fashion.
National just stand and shit all over us.

Anonymous said...

Look, if you guys don't want to support me then fine. I don't need this bloody job you know. I have other options. If we don't win I'm going home.
- JK

Anonymous said...

It's hard to see how anyone would support a party that has never said boo until now. Now they want to make it harder for old people, and make us pay taxes when we sell property! I'll be voting for labour. Yeah right!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Go polish your (brass) knob Second.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You know, a big problem in New Zealand is that people who should vote Labour, for some reason vote National.
It is a bit like social climbing. There's nothing wrong with being a National voter so long as you have the house, income, assets, investments and savings to do so. Sad really.