Saturday 12 November 2011

I USED TO LIKE DRINKING TEA.....

..... but lately have gone off it.

For years now I have been drinking Irish Breakfast tea, either from Twinings or from Dilmah. I like the strong blend like 'navvies' tea. It reminds me of the stuff I brewed up for my Dad's workers on the building sites when I was a roustabout in school holidays. I recently entered the Twinings competition to create the New Zealand Breakfast tea. See here:

http://nzwineguy.blogspot.com/2010/04/blend-it-like.html

I didn't win with my submission as I refused to put that bloody awful Earl Grey in it, but The Old Girl likes my blend and only ever drinks it.

What has annoyed me recently has been the endless reporting of John Key having a 'cup of tea' with John Banks. The 'will he or won't he' was the stuff of teenage magazines and frankly not deserving of prime-time news coverage. At one stage a set-up of a silver teapot was used as if it was the bloody rugby world cup! What idiots they think we are. The whole thing is a rort and it flies in the face of democratic voting.

If we really want to see what John Key (Shonkey) is about just recollect his behaviour during a minutes silence for earthquake victims in Christchurch last week. He was either electioneering or chatting up. Either way it was not appreciated by the locals so if they vote the idiot in again God help them.

Sshhhh!

No comments: