Sunday 11 December 2011

GRIPE #4

Underpants. Modern underpants. Why does the bloody brand tag have to be on the outside?
When I was buying underpants (nowadays the Old Girl has taken over this task) the manufacturers always put the brand name inside, at the back, at the top where you knew where to find it. Invariably it said 'Jockey' and sometimes 'Haines'. 'My' underpants unfortunately are getting a bit threadbare as some of them are well over 20 years old. I continually have to rescue them from the rubbish bin but, as the assortment is growing fewer I suspect that the Old Girl has rumbled to my fossicking.


Why is this a problem? Well, now that I have to wake at the crack of dawn again (7AM), shower and blearily search in the underwear drawer I find myself putting the damned (new) things on back to front and don't notice until later.

OK, not relevant to the post but I thought this was funny

6 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Just be careful not to put on a pair of "The Old Girl's" knickers instead. Or even worse, a thong.

It really doesn't bear thinking about.

As regards the labels on the outside, it may be pandering to the habits of our moronic youth in their disgusting habit of wering their trousers so low that their underpants can be seen.

Richard (of RBB) said...

There's no place to comment on The Wine Guy's new look blog. Looks like he's gone all designer. I blame his new underpants with the label on the outside.

THE WINE GUY said...

There is a place to comment. It is tagged 'Comments' so might be a tad confusing for old jokers.

You click on the title of the post, read the post and find the comment tab at the bottom.

Now, from the beginning, only louder ....


YOU CLICK ON THE TITLE OF THE POST, READ THE POST AND FIND THE COMMENT TAB AT THE BOTTOM.

Failing that wait until your young nephews and nieces come around at Christmas. They will help you while wheeling you to the toilet.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

It still doesn't f*cking work.

Put it back to the older view.

THE WINE GUY said...

You are assuming that I want your rude comments.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Yes I do, but I must appologise for my intemperate expletives. I've been under a lot of stress lately.

I've had to stay at home with my Beloved ALL DAY