Friday 23 December 2011

JUST ARRIVED IN PARADISE

No, I didn't crash and kark it on the way. Besides, according to Christian Doctrine and the Catechism I'd have gone in the other direction as I have committed these most heinous sins over the last few years:


  • Haven't attended Mass every Sunday
  • Taken the lord's name in vain
  • Coveted my neighbours wife (in thought not deed)
  • Coveted my neigbour's ass (well, he doesn't own a donkey but see above, I've sneaked a look at his wife's arse.
  • I've stolen (apart from glances at the neighbours wife's arse) many images from the web to use in my blog posts

I haven't done any of the other things that the commandments forbid me to but hey! The year hasn't finished yet.

Back to paradise. I have just driven up to McLeod Bay from Auckland. The Old Girl is baby-sitting the Godson tonight in Auckland so she is driving up first thing in the morning. It has been a busy week, well every week is busy nowadays that I have taken up (gasp) working again. The roads were pretty good ( I took the back way via Highway 16) so made good ground - 2 hours 15 in the Rover. I can do it in 2 hours 10 in the peugeot because it is newer and safer on corners.
Driving around the Whangarei Heads road to McLeod Bay was magical. Honestly, I could just feel the stress leave my shoulders at the first glimpse of the Bay with Mount Manaia in the background.


Just to make sure that the stress was going to leave I quickly took a bottle of Nobilo Gisborne Chardonnay 2008 from the fridge as a precaution and poured myself a bifg glass while preparing home made oven baked chips and pan-fried snapper (caught from the waters I can see out of the kitchen window.


Life is good and I'm looking forward to catching up on what Richard's Bus Station derelicts inebriates down and outers hangers around fellow travellers have been doing. Lack of time and the vagaries of indifferent telecommunications during the week prohibit me from keeping up to date.







1 comment:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Nice to see you back Oh Grumpy One.

I thought you'd gone a bit quiet.

Lovely image of descending into a beautiful, tranquil, coastal paradise.

I envy you (not in any Sinful way of course)

Is that one of the commandments?
"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, beach or view"?
(even the view of the neighbour's neighbour's wife's arse)

Have a lovely Christmas in Paradise.