Friday 20 April 2012

FRIDAY NIGHT MUSING'

We just arrived back home after a week in Auckland. Man its good to be home.
My new assistant started this week so its been an induction week. She's smart and enthusiastic so no problems there. As well as the training I was able to knock off a couple of projects - which makes me think - I wouldn't have been able to do these if she hadn't been there. Things are looking up.


The drive back was OK but, with darkness setting in now as it gets close to winter the drive is a bit more arduous. I must ensure that I thoroughly clean the windscreen inside and out before setting off next time as the glare from oncoming headlights is a pain. I think that when I cut back to 3 days a week (should have been next week but the owner is off overseas so I will delay that until June) I will drive up early on Friday mornings and back on Monday afternoons while there is light.



I think I got a speed camera speeding ticket on the way up. Not much over as nowadays I drive relatively sedately but it was about 110.



Making home made fish 'n' chips for tea. Stopped at the supermarket and bought Terakahi and Agria potatoes ( the absolute best potatoes).


Arriving home we found that the friends who stayed here during the week had luck fishing and left fresh snapper fillets in the fridge for us (and a bowl full for the cat). It will be a fish weekend. Yum!

Took 4 bottles of frozen wine out of the freezer - well part bottles). One is a Waipara Pinot Noir - that will do for tomorrow. One is a Thornbury Pinot Noir - that will do for the Old Girl. The Goldridge Chardonnay and Thorbnury Chardonnay will do for me. I microwaved them and then mixed them together. Yummy!

My UK comedy programmes are on tonight. I like those. The offerings change all the time bit I think Peep Show is on and the weird and wonderful Jinzy. The Inbetweeners is also on but The Old Girl is watching that diabolically crappy Americon Idol programme so I don't get a look in. We don't have SKY in Auckland so don't get UK TV there. Tomorrow is the Come Dine with Me Omnibus - OK, I know, but we like it OK. Just the thing for Autumn Saturday mornings. We will walk later and I will kayak. The Old Girl will swim but I'm too much of a wuss to do that.

Good to see that old guy at Nuova Lazio is enjoying his music. He' s a bit obsessive though, worrying about grey hairs and all and whether French or German is best. I don't know what he's on about but we kind of nod and send him a comment or two so he doesn't feel neglected.  His younger brother (man just about everyone is younger than this old codger) has gone a bit weird again, writing poetry and stuff. It is interesting, a bit in the vein of McGonnigal. He must be getting on a bit too because now he is reminiscing about his university days. Apparently he used to walk around the corridors on hands and knees and had venetian blinds at the back of his pants. Don't ask me. I'd say check out his blog - Second Fiddle - but I think that the Google Police erase it frequently.

Check out TSB's blog (I'm too lazy to give you a link). In true form he is now obsessing about computer keyboards and apparently fantasising that they are young women's bodies or at least the upper parts of them. It gives 'key-strokes' a whole new meaning.

The Cherry 2000 model - 'Lt you fingers do the walking"


The Old Girl is calling that tea is ready (she actually said 'dinner') so must dash.
I'll put pictures in later.

Bye for now.

Back again. Dinner (tea) was great. Here are some pics.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

wow! A post for everyone... well, the three people who read this blog.

Microwaving wine! Indeed! What is the world coming to!

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I only put that picture in because Richard insisted.

Have a nice weekend.