Monday 4 June 2012

RIP, SHIT AND BUST

Its the only way I know how to do things and today I paid the price.


Today The Old Girl is gardening and asked me to do some weed spraying.

I got out the Roundup and a spray bottle and mixed up a lethal dose (real men don't bother reading the instructions). Walking around the trailer that I had haphazardly parked when i was in a hurry to put the ladder up to check on the chimney before lighting the fire yesterday (in my gumboots on a wet and slippery roof), I collided with a big plant pot that some fool had carelessly left lying about. It cut into my upper shin, taking a good chunk of flesh away. "Never mind", I thought "I'll sort that out later.

Pumping up the spray bottle to maximum pressure to give a decent spray I started my weed destruction. As the power declined I discovered that it was quicker to keep pumping while still spraying. The trouble was that accuracy was compromised with the result that I sprayed my leg. The leg with the open cut.

Holy hell that hurt. The Roundup felt like it was eating its way into me. I went inside and liberally doused the wound with Dettol (that stung but was a relief after the Roundup) and washed it clean.

I think I'll stay indoors for a while and watch 'Come Dine With Me'

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I hope you weren't wearing those long socks matey!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

If I had I wouldn't have cut my leg so bad.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

If your leg starts turning green, contact me immediately.

I could do with a good laugh

blackweta said...

RIP, SHIT AND BUST' you dont hear that line much these days very sad.you must be old after all :)