Saturday 8 September 2012

COMPUTER SAY'S NO



I'm sure that we have all deleted posts on our blog. Sometimes this is a good thing. At other times it is a very good thing (thanks Second Fiddle for your consideration). Often the deletions are done after a rush of blood to the head or a rising of bile spurs one on to vent the spleen (enough cliches already - ed). In afterthought, due to considerations of propriety, fairness, undue salaciousness or fear of libel action TSB Richard bloggers delete the offending post.

The other night The Old Girl rang from down South a little earlier than I was expecting. She was crying and I found it difficult to understand her. Fear gripped my heart and I quickly equated how long it would take me to get to the airport and jump on a plane. Eventually I got the story. She had just been in contact with a very good friend of ours who has just been diagnosed with a very invasive version of the big C. This is a lovely and very generous person who has always seemed to be fit and healthy. How could this be?
I picked The Old Girl up from the airport early the next day and we went to see our friend who is amazingly stoic, having more concern for the effect of her illness on her partner and friends rather than herself. She is an inspiration.

I wrote a post about her and and my feelings about her illness. It was a good post but on reviewing it I thought that it is not my right to invade her privacy in this way and I deleted it before publishing.

'S' we love you and are really hoping that treatment will hold the monster at bay.






1 comment:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Quite often life's a complete bitch. Well done, I think you did the right thing.