Saturday 23 February 2013

JUICY



OK, it was controversial but it was and is a sexy song that still sounds good.


you know very well what you areyour my sugar thang my chocolate starI've had a few but not that manybut you're the only one that gives me good and plenty Juicy Fruit---juicy Candy rain coming downtaste in my mindand spread you all aroundhere I am oh this loves for youhey baby swee as morning dewclose my eyes oh what fantasyand yur right here with me Juicy Cherry blossom kissis what you givin'makes my body rockkeeps me sizzlin'do what you willI don't careI'll be your lollipopyou can lick me everywhere Juicy Fruit---your so (juicy) Juicyjuicy fruit---juicy Here I am this loves for youhey baby your sweet as honey dewclose my eyes oh what fantasyand your right here with me Juicy---Juicy Fruit (repeat until end)


Well, you know what that's about but I want to talk about juicing vegetables in this post.





Now before you get started about faddish diets and bang on about how vegetable juice is not a proper meal replacement. let me explain my interest.

A few weeks ago, when clearing out some cupboards, we discovered the juicing machine that the Old Girl's mother bought for us a few years ago. We thanked her and carefully put it away in a safe place (for about 6 years). I said (in a rash moment) "don't get rid of it, I'll use it" when TOG was threatening to  send it to the 'Sallies'.

I had to prove my intention so bought a selection of fresh fruits and veg and whizzed them up. The result? Bloody marvellous.

Over the last few weeks I have produced a juice at least twice a week which I drink for lunch.

The composition varies depending on what is available or looks good at the fruit 'n' veg places but can have: carrot, cucumber, celery, apple, capsicum, grapes, tomato, peaches and melon.

It is very refreshing and filling. I don't intend it as a meal replacement but find that after drinking it for lunch I don't need a lot else during the day (remember its only a couple of days a week).

I feel better for it and, with this and other healthy eating disciplines have lost weight.

Losing weight can make you more active so with this I've walked (and even jogged) more along with swimming, hill-climbing and kayaking and am now looking a bit more like my old self.








2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

What's all that junk you are standing on?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, I understand that you are unfamiliar with pedestals.