Sunday 24 February 2013

SUNDAY

Was well named today. After a bit of a grey start to the day (with some welcome early morning rain) we had another glorious sunny day with no wind. Perfect for swimming and pottering about.

Apropos of pottering about I went down the road and played snooker with the old guys this afternoon.



Oops, I defaulted to the wrong photo again. Why do I do that?

I mean these guys.




We played three frames (snooker jargon for games). I was crap but never mind it was good to be out of the heat of the afternoon sun for a couple of hours.


Ealier in the day, before the sun came completely out of the clouds, I did a spot of gardening. That bastard convolvulus has come back again and, with the hot weather interspersed with rain, has been growing like a weed. Well, it is a weed so I guess that's appropriate. I tore as much out as I could, getting right down to find the master root systems.



While I was dragging out some root systems I felt an incredibly sharp pain in my thigh. I had been stung by something - probably a wasp.




No, not that kind although I'd hate to find this bastard under the shrubbery.

I think it was one of these.


Bloody thing. My thigh is sore and swollen. I looked up stings on the web (internet not the other) and it says that the pain and swlling should disappear after 48 hours.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Take care my old friend. Maybe, if you were doing lots of sensible jobs like Robert, this wouldn't have happened. There again, it sounds like you need lots of snooker practice. Why not keep a practice log like me?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I got stung in the arm pit a few months back while cleaning windows on a hot day. I felt sorry for the wasp.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, I'd feel sorry for anything that came into contact with your armpits.