Friday 14 June 2013

RELAX GO TO IT ...

When  I was in gainful employment I was paid really well but also worked long hours in a stressful environment.
I used to dream about not having to work and having time to read a book whenever I wanted or to simply relax at any time of the day.

Now that I can do this it is really good but I can't help from feeling guilty. It's some sort of protestant work ethic which is weird because I wasn't brought up as a protestant. I went to catholic schools. When we walked, in our school uniforms past St John's anglican school on our way to St Anne's the protestant kids would rush to the fence and sing out:
"Caholic dogs, smell like hogs " etc.



Bloody rude and we didn't have a counter song to sing back at them. The Catholic church obviously didn't think it worthwhile writing one for their kids. I guess that they assumed that inquisitions, burnings and massacres were enough to quell those of the wrong faith.


No, we just threw stones at them and threatened to tell the nuns who would sort them out.



3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Maybe their vicars knocked their cocks around like our church leaders did? That'll teach 'em!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Enjoying the chardonnay I see.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Actually, I think that vicars went straight for the bum. They weren't as squeamish as catholics on the subect of bummery.