Thursday 17 October 2013

SNIPPETS

PLUMBER

Her: "Don't forget that guy is coming to fix the plug system in the bathtub this morning. Clean it with Vim after your shower"

Me: "OK"

Her: "And clean the hand basin as well"

Me: "OK"

Her: "And don't glob toothpaste into the basin after you've cleaned it. He doesn't want to see bits floating in it"

Me: "He's a plumber. He's seen worse.

Her: "I don't want to be the subject of dinner party conversations about my housekeeping".


Me" (thinking) "What the fuck! He's a plumber"

Me: "OK"




BOOTS

Her: "It's raining. All the women will be wearing their gumboots today, I wish I'd bought some"

Me: "I'm sure there's a Para Rubber-type store somewhere, I'll get you some".

Her: "Para Rubber?"

Me: "There's a place named Canadian Tyre. I'm sure they'll have some"

Her: "Canadian Tyre!"

Me: "Yes, Red Bands or something similar"

Her: "Stupid man"




3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

"I've just to tidied up the house before you came". Is our favourite as cleaners.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Nanook, you never did get the woman thing, did you?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Eventually I did but as a late starter I can claim that I'm still learning.