Saturday 9 November 2013

IS IT SOLIPSISTIC IN HERE OR IS IT JUST ME?

I haven't turned up a job yet so when The Old Girl goes off to work during the week it's just me here in the apartment.  That hasn't posed a problem over the last two months as every new day was an adventure of some sort and I was out and about exploring the city.
Now that I've kind of seen the sights or at least as many as I want to on my own I'm not in such a hurry to get out each day. Also, as it is late Autumn the days are definitely getting cooler so I'm not as enthusiastic as before to go out walking each day.

It's interesting living in a high rise apartment building in that even though there are hundreds of people above and below us (we're on the 16th floor) you don't hear or see them. When going down in one of the three lifts to the ground floor often the only person I meet is the concierge at the front desk.

This week, as the weather has been a bit wet and very cold and as I've had a head cold I've largely stayed indoors. If I don't look out the window to the streets below then it's quite possible to feel that you are the only person left on earth.




3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

In the end it's all about me!

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm here too Nanook. Don't despair.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Are you in Toronto?