Friday 22 November 2013

TERMS OF ENDEARMENT


The Old Girl, is usually referred to by me as "sweetheart", "sweetie", "matey" or, on some occasions "hoss".

Her endearments are usually along the same lines normally addressing me as "darling" or "sweetheart". When she calls me "matey" I generally know that there will be a lecture at the end of it. The worst though, and when I know that I need to head for the hills is when she calls me "Peter".

My dad used to call my mother "Jimmy". What was that about?

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I remember Jimmy being used as a term meaning 'penis'. Though Second could be wrong.

I remember the word 'peter' also being used for penis. I'm sure they all have different meanings up in the far north.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

And the diminutive of Richard is what?