Saturday 1 February 2014

BELLISSIMO? .....

.....No. more like Bellshit Bullshit.



I've had some issues with my cell phone and internet provider, Bell.

HERE

When I got back to Toronto from Scotland I went through the 'contact us' rigmarole (certainly doesn't live up to that final promise below) and then the complaints procedure that turned out to be a never-ending loop. The 'accessible' managers at Bell hide behind this 'firewall' because they don't really want to deal with customers issues. No. they'd rather spend money in advertising how wonderful they are and making false promises about service .

I looked up their service promises on Bell Canada website and found the following:

Delight.


"Yes, delight. Simply put, that’s our mission: To delight you with the products, services and customer support that we provide to you every day.

"It’s more than just talk. It comes with a commitment. Here it is:

"We will bring you outstanding products and services that can help you in your daily life;

(Well, as far as I can see they provide cell phone and internet service just like …well, every other provider.)

"We will strive to provide you with the products and services that you want;

(Yes, OK, I want cell phone and internet service. So?)

"We will remember that technology can be fun, and excite you with creative and useful new product innovations;

(This is the kind of crap that mediocre marketers write. What’s fun about slow broadband, poor cell phone reception and TV accessibility that’s not yet accessible from the building we live in?)

"We will strive to ensure that pricing information is presented clearly;

(Mmm. I think that there are laws stating that they have to do this.)

"We will be helpful and courteous in your dealings with us;

(What? I’ve yet to discover this.)

"We will strive to be accessible to you through the medium of your choice, whether it be online, in-store or by phone.”
           (I've found it very difficult to get in contact with a decision maker and end up in an endless loop   trying to go through their customer complaints procedure)
  I've got another 18 months to run on my contract with Bell and will move to another provider as soon as this runs out.

No comments: