Monday 6 January 2014

GETTING FUNNY LOOKS

I went walking this morning. The sun, which has been missing for a few days was out and it looked cheery. At least it did looking out from inside.
I put shorts and t-shirt on and headed out. The temperature was about 1 degree. Frost was still on the ground at 10 am and the puddles were frozen. I noticed that the occasional jogger was wearing a woollen hat, mittens and thermal leggings. They and other people in cars gave me funny looks thinking I was some nutter. I didn't feel cold as long as I walked briskly and kept in the sunshine but my arms and hands were frozen.
I walked down to the golf course, taking the bag of golf balls with me. I was under instructions to return the balls that I'd found the other day. I watched some jokers teeing off and chose one who looked hopeless and gave the balls to him. He was most appreciative. It must have been like a booby prize kind of like Richard nearly won when he played golf once. He only nearly won because he cheated and didn't count a couple of strokes and missed having the highest score by one. Why on earth he thought that 190 was that much of a better score than 192 is anyone's guess.

After the golf course I went down to the beach and wandered about, collecting stones and looking to see the off-shore oil platforms. I think I saw a couple but they may have been ships. I had a pocketful of interesting stones but, given the cold reception that my golf balls received I decided to leave them behind.

All is good as Second Fiddle would say.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

The next step might be streaking at a ball game.

I'm glad you got your rocks off.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sorry, I meant dropped your stones off.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Richard cheats at poker too.
I would have kept the stones...