Sunday 30 March 2014

YUM YUM

The Scots are not unknown for their predilection for sweet and fatty foods. This is after all the home of the deep fried Mars bar. Scotland is rated second for obesity levels after USA and has serious health issues for heart disease, stroke and diabetes.

Not surprisingly I discovered this treat on sale at the local bakery.







It's called a Yum Yum and is a log shaped cake made of sweet ( very sweet) doughnut mixture, covered with caramel icing and filled with sweet cream.

The picture above is of only half of it as after eating the first half I had to have a lie-down before tackling the second half.

4 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

No images are being displayed

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I still haven't mastered the art of inserting photos into blog posts using my iPad. I'll drop the image in when back in Toronto using the laptop.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I can see them. It just takes faith.

Robert and the Catholics said...

I think they are demonic, that's why the Catholic church has stopped them!