Tuesday 19 August 2014

GETTING AWAY

Being exhausted after working for two weeks I needed a break.
Hey, I'm sounding like a schoolteacher.

We went up North with some friends.

Our house is still rented out and will be for at least another year but I wanted to catch up with the tenants (nice people), check on the new roof and also check up on my cat. All of importance in the reverse order.




Willow my cat is happy and healthy.
The roof looks really good ( some kind of zinc) and the house and garden are in tip-top condition.
Alan, the friend who drove us up had the cheek to say " these people keep things better than the previous tenants". Cheeky sod.

We used my sister's holiday bach which is a few bays along from our house. She gave me the keys and said to use it whenever I like so I think I'll do that every other weekend over the next year.




The 'Bach' is pretty nice. They built it about 10 years ago.

Everything is set up and it's just a matter of arriving and turning the hot water on.

The view is pretty good being a different side of Mount Manaia which we see from our house


The weather wasn't too bad for winter. Admittedly we've just come from minus 20 to 39 degrees Toronto winter but, it was still warm enough to use the outdoor pizza oven.





Interestingly the shower in the bathroom isn't working even though the bath is.


Luckily there is an outdoor shower. I can't imagine Richard using it though. He'd be worried about the  cows in the fields seeing his willy.




The indoor toilet is functional though.

I'm buying a small car from the tenants which I'll leave in a carpark in Whangarei. I can then hop on a bus for the weekends when I want to go up North.






I'd like to say everything is hunky dory but firstly The Old Girl is off back to Toronto on Saturday for another year and secondly today she learnt that her cousin in Napier was a hit by a truck while cycling. She has two broken legs and a broken pelvis. The Old Girl is off to spend time with her before she heads off for Canada.

Life huh!


3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sorry to hear about the accident. Last time I stayed in a bach I blocked the toilet.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What do you mean?
Did you get stuck in the doorway?

Tracey said...

Nice to have you back in blog land at last. Pleased to hear Willow is well and happy.