Monday 22 December 2014

THICK AS A BRICK*

* Or 'Brike' as Richard would spell it.

The person who must be thick as a brick is me.

A few weeks ago I bought a ticket to see Ian Anderson in the new Jethro Tull line up. I was looking forward to this and delayed going up North because the concert at The Civic was Sunday 21st.

Yesterday.

I forgot to go.

Image of the unused ticket

The ticket cost me $151.00.

That's a case of wine for me (2 cases of wine for Richard and at least 3 cases for the crap that Robert drinks).

I guess I'll add this ticket to the unused David Bowie one I have from the 1980's.
Maybe I can put them on Trade Me or E-Bay and some collector nut will buy them.


2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You are a brike head!
That spelling was originally used at Murray Roberts when someone wrote an unkind remark about a truck driver who drove for Levin & Co.
"Steve is a brike head."
Obviously the author was a bit of a brike head too.

I thought it was funny and used the spelling to compose messages, on walls, about other staff. It was part of the reason that they fired me. I guess I was a brike head for doing it. Hey, but I never bought a concert ticket and forgot to show up.

Robert and the Catholics said...

Personally I would have checked him out on you tube first and saved the money!