Wednesday 10 December 2014

YOU KNOW YOU'RE GETTING OLD WHEN ....



I was thinking of this when I woke up this morning.

I had a really sore wrist.



I must have slept with it bent back or something.

That led to me totting up all the things that I do or that happen to me now that didn't happen when I was younger.


Forgetting the PIN number for the debit card.

I use this daily both when doing internet banking or in shops  and yet, when at the front of a long queue in a supermarket, my mind goes blank when I'm about to enter the code.
What's that about?


You put your underpants on backwards

Look, to be fair, these are those modern bloody things that are hard to differentiate the front from the back, but still....






You have problems understanding commands on the computer




I think computer software programmers deliberately make things difficult. Ask Richard (of RBB) about his new Windows 8 programme.







A quiet night in is really attractive


Yes, I've made excuses so as not to go out at night when invited. This is especially true on week nights. The thought of all that palaver of getting dressed up (or at least more dressed than the shorts and T-shirt I usually wear) is tiresome.





Driving carefully


I've found myself taking more care and not driving as fast when going up north now. There was a time when it was a kind of challenge to get past other cars and to not let that 'speed racer' get the better of me. Nowadays I can't be bothered and generally just keep to the speed limit.




I'm looking forward to The Old Girl coming home at Christmas to rejuvenate me.



4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Please let her return quickly, old timer.

Tracey said...

I have a fail safe method to remember my bank PIN, which is so mathematically pure I can never forget it. It's those passwords on all the internet guff that I can never remember. I have to request a new one every time I want to access my power account, kiwi saver, fly buys .... You name it! I've stopped even bothering to try.

Robert and the Catholics said...

I use a little note book. No is going to break in just to steal my face book pw...

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Have you noticed the proposed new technology where your thumbpint is all you will need in the future to identify yourself at the bank, get money, start your car, get access to your house etc.
Well, hello. didn't these idiots see the same Hollywood film I saw many years ago where, in the future this was being used? The bad guys just cut off the victim's thumb or hand andused it for access.