Saturday 17 January 2015

REGRETS #1



Time for a series I guess.

I do this when I have nothing to gripe about or interesting things to share.

Chatting with Tony and Richard last weekend we agreed that it's no good going through life regretting about the choices you've made in careers, living conditions and wealth acquisition. No, relationships, friends and family are far more important and therein lies true wealth.

Last night while watching an episode of The Sopranos I thought about some of the things that I would have liked to have done (and may still do).

Here is the first of them:

Drive a ride-on mower.

I've never driven one of these. The largest lawn area I have ever owned was at our Christchurch house and I used to use a motor mower which took a couple of hours as there were several different lawn areas. I once floated the idea past The Old Girl - I guess you've heard that expression "flew like a lead balloon".

When working under stress at various jobs I would gaze out of the window imagining what it would be like to have a job driving a ride-on lawnmower.



The simplicity of it and the clearly defined work area really appealed then and it still does now.

Maybe one day ........

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

The grounds man at work who rides one isn't laughing all the time.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Richard as usual astutely sizes up the reality of bouncing over hard turf driving a vehicle that regularily needs laborious refilling , sharpening and loading on and off a trailor that is the cheapest and most unsuitable the client can find.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK. That fucking bubble's burst.
Wait for the next one.