Sunday 29 March 2015

SO WHAT DID YOU DO ON THE WEEKEND?

I had a great weekend up at our Northland house.
Having taken advantage of some really cheap Air New Zealand flights I was able to fly again to Onerahi for only a little more than the cost of the bus that I usually use.

The weather was great and in fact on Saturday afternoon it was so hot and with no wind that on a walk I felt a bit faint.
Arriving back home I was hot so went for a swim.
The harbour was as flat as a millpond and the water still relatively warm so for me (a wimp when it comes to getting in to the water) it only took about 5 minutes to get in up to my neck. I was still wearing my glasses and cap as I hadn't planned to dive in. If I had I'd have worn my serious swimming gear.



I frolicked about, swam (head above water) floated and did everything except pee in the water for about 40 minutes. Magic! Even more so since it's almost April and definitely Autumn.

Arriving home this evening I managed to get our TV in the apartment to accept PRIME TV. This involved wheeling the TV away from the wall and positioning it in the doorway out to the deck. Reception is better and I can now watch the cricket although at this stage (Australia just starting their batting) I don't know if that's a good thing.

Hey! A wicket. Australia 2 runs for one. Brilliant. I take it back.

Home-made pizza and  Hawkes Bay Chardonnay - what could be better?

The weekend had a sour note though as on Saturday afternoon the local fire station's siren (an old WW2 alarm) went off and looking out I saw black smoke across the bay not far from the fire station.



A house burnt down to the ground in a matter of half an hour. No-one hurt thankfully.

It makes you think.

No comments: