Friday 13 March 2015

STORM CHASING

I'm flying up north tomorrow and returning on Monday.

All the time I've been going up north this will be the first time I will have flown.
I'm looking forward to it as I like flying in small planes.

Air NZ had a deal going last month for $109 return flights Auckland to Whangarei (about a quarter of the normal price) so I booked two flights - one this weekend and then another two weeks later.

The Old Girl has made the flight a few times and raves about the wonderful views as the plane tracks the coastline.

The trouble is that this weekend the Vanuatu cyclone may hit the north-east coast so the return trip may be a bit interesting.



Oh well. I've flown upside down before. I managed this when learning to fly in Wellington years ago when I became disoriented flying in cloud. What a funny feeling that was.



1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Travel safely. Rather you than me.