Tuesday 7 April 2015

PLAYING AWAY

I had a great weekend in and around Wellington over Easter.

A great evening at Richard and Shelley's place on Good Friday meant that I needed a long walk next morning to clear my head.

I climbed up 'Anselme's Hill' behind their house. I hadn't meant to go to the top as I only wanted some fresh air but once you start walking up a hill you might as well complete it. The view at the top was well worthwhile and the view of Nuova Lazio surprised me. The settlement is really large. This of course beggars the question - "Why aren't there more services like cinemas, restaurants, shops, gay bars, wine bars and entertainment  centres?" Hopefully these things will come in time.

After a heart-stopping, hearty breakfast, my hosts took me on a tiki-tour around the lesser known parts of Wellington.
We visited places where they almost lived, once wanted to live, where distant relatives died, where friends moved from, where friends moved to, where I used to live, where sports centres once stood, where....... you get the picture.


Mind you it was just the thing for a slow moving Saturday.


I got dropped off at Paraparaumu where my sister lives and from where I was flying out on Sunday.
Her house is right next to the airport which is interesting for watching small and mid-size planes taking off and landing. It was a 3 minute walk from the house to the new terminal. Magic.

On Sunday morning I heard the unmistakable sound of a Bell helicopter coming in (having watched most of the films made about the Vietnam war).

Unfortunately I wasn't in time to film it or photograph it which was a shame as it flew in over the house and drifted in for a landing out in front of the lounge windows.


I hoped that it would take off again soon so went outside to the garden and when I heard it start up I climbed the fence separating my sister's property from the airport and got my cell-phone out.
The Huey took off behind the terminal and behind the trees unfortunately further away than I was hoping for but I managed to get a bit of a video clip.

Just as it disappeared I fell off the fence.

See this link:         http://youtu.be/w0RcUvKzZLQ

17 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Nice video.
I can imagine a commentary though on Discovery Channel's Science of Stupid...

Richard (of RBB) said...

Great to see you have a clip on YouTube. I'm predicting over a million views.







Not.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Only if I keep looking at it.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I just saw the delayed 'not'

How rude.
















Bastard.

Richard (of RBB) said...

But sadly true.
You can't hide from reality.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I just saw your 'bastard'.
































Testa di cazzo.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

La nonna indossava stivali dell'esercito

Richard (of RBB) said...

Nonna?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Grandmother

Richard (of RBB) said...

But I'm not your granny.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I give up.

Richard (of RBB) said...

This is the most comments you've ever had!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, certainly when you have reined in your alter-egos when commenting.

Richard (of RBB) said...

But I haven't. I didn't invent Robert.







Well maybe I did. Sorry.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

An Aryan looking Jewish/Arab deity-type invented Robert.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

And your grandmother still wore army boots.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

WTF?

Now my own site is asking for food and wine matches in the verification!

At least these are in English.