Monday 18 May 2015

PLUS CA CHANGE, PLUS C'EST LA MEME CHOSE

We sold our apartment today.

We bought another one today as well.



In the same building. It's one of the penthouses on the top (14th) floor. More than half as big again with high ceiling and great views across the city.


"New York is where I'd rather stay. I get allergic smelling hay. I just adore a penthouse view. Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue. "

Things move fast in Auckland at present.
I saw the apartment last Tuesday and made an offer. It went unconditional today.
The same seller of the 2 bedroom apartment is buying our 1 apartment which saves me a lot of bother having open homes and paying for marketing. Settlement is going to be real quick as well with a take over at the end of next week.

Moving should be a breeze as all I have to do is load things from the 7th floor into the lift for the 14th floor.

We'll rent it out while we are in the UK but use it when we are back. The 2nd bedroom will be great for having friends stay.


2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

That was fast!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes. Most of the speed is that it's the same seller and buyer but in Auckland things are moving really fast. Generally 2 weeks from listing to unconditional.
Scary.