Monday 29 June 2015

A CAMEL AND A PACKED LUNCH AWAY



After a morning's work I decided to go for a walk in the afternoon.

I needed to buy some 3M picture hooks as I'm 'dressing' the apartment before renting it out. I have a nice canvas triptych .....

Sorry about the quality - a quick snap before they fell down.

.......which is very light so I decided to use the removable 3M sticky hooks rather than nail in picture hooks.

I walked down K'Road and then along Ponsonby Road looking for some place that sold the 3M's.
The picture framer's, the poncy art shop and the various gift shops couldn't help me. The framers and the art supply shop said that they discourage their use as they cannot be guaranteed to support the weight of artwork. Fair enough as I told people the same thing when I owned and operated a picture framing business..

A thought though ..... picture framers should encourage the use as every picture that falls off the wall and breaks the glass is potential new business.



Anyway the last gift shop I called into along Ponsonby Road suggested the hardware shop 'just along Richmond Road'. I said thanks and toddled off wondering why I'd never seen a hardware shop 'just along Richmond Road' before.

I soon realised that 'just along Richmond Road' meant walking to Westmere a good two suburbs way.
The 'hardware shop' turned out to be a large Mitre 10 store where I was able to buy the 3M hooks so all OK.

I like walking and the 10 walk from home by the university was no problem but just a bit further than I'd planned especially as I was wearing shorts and a light T-shirt and the later afternoon temperature was getting a mite chilly.



4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I think you've been reading too many of Second's posts.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes and I' have to speed read before he deletes them.

Richard (of RBB) said...

What I meant was... well, maybe you could learn from him and delete this boring post?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

And cranes on your post are what?.Uplifting?