Thursday 18 June 2015

WOF WOF

Good boy!

I got my WOF at the doctors today.
All parts accounted for and in good working order.
I have a very good doctor and she insists on making sure things are OK well in advance. To this end she makes me have blood tests twice a year and so sent me off to the lab this morning so I can have the results back before I go away at the end of the month.

The guy at the blood test lab stuck the needle in and proceeded to fill three small cylinders (it's usually two).
I was going to say "Hey that's nearly an armfull" but thought he wouldn't get the allusion to Hancock especially as English wasn't his first language:

THE BLOOD DONOR





12 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Doctors these days automatically send you for a scan or blood test to save their own ass! There was nothing wrong that a healthy diet and sensible imbibing wouldn't avoid!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Rubbish.
If you believe and act on what you've just said then I caution you Robert.
A good friend of ours acted like you and then bowel cancer went unnoticed (and yes, she ate and drank sensibly).
She's now undergoing chemotherapy and other measures to combat the cancers riddling her body.
Blood test indicators can show up all sorts of problems.
They don't cost anything to the patient and certainly are not revenue gatherers for GPs.
Get yourself checked. Please. No longer does a finger up your bum be the test for prostate cancer, a simple blood test will show any PS abnormalties.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Mind you, if you enjoy a finger up your bum then don't let me stop you.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Take your fingers from your ears.
If you have an unfavourable prostrate diagnosis then research indicates you have better chance doing nothing. Surgeons are mortals; they fuck up as much as they succeed!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Stop squabbling you two. Good that all is well TC.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

He won't be if he keeps taking antibiotics without probiotics!
Did your doctor ever tell you that?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I don't give a shit about that.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, said anyway. I reserve my opinion on 'well'.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Actually I do have a tooth that needs repairs.
I'll go and see my doctor.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Sorry forgot doctors don't do teeth! Why not? They've done a medical degree.
The poor dentists are the ones who were want to be's but flunked out of med.
Now he or her is operating on my most vital organ!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Your tooth is your most vital organ Second?
Not getting any then.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Time to move on.