Wednesday 15 July 2015

FRIENDSHIP

Ring ring ring ring ....

ME:  Hello

RICHARD: .... and he marched them down again..

ME: (Oh shit)...I mean Hi Richard. How many verses is that now?

RICHARD: I'm up to 127. Shelley suggests that I practice them in the garage.

ME: That's a good idea. Why don't you do that?

RICHARD: We don't  have a garage...   hey!

ME: I'm just heading out the door. Can you e-mail the rest of the song?

RICHARD: We're off to W(h)anganui to annoy some other people and I just wanted to say 'bon voyage".

ME: OK. Say it then.

RICHARD: Say what?

ME: Bon Voyage.

RICHARD: Yeah thanks but it's only W(h)anganui with a 'h'.

ME: An 'h'.

RICHARD: What?

ME: Never mind.

RICHARD: Safe travels my old friend.

ME: It's only the bus to Newmarket to meet up with Mike. I've probably missed it now.

RICHARD: What?

ME: Never mind. Keep up the singing.

                            ............................................................................................

As you can gather Richard (of RBB) phoned early this evening to wish me a safe trip.

Nice that.

He seems to have a fixation on The Grand Old Duke of York for some reason.



He wants to know if he's still there, how many men he now has and whether the hill is still climbable (marchable).

I said I'd have a look when I'm there and report back.
Well, I said that but probably won't.

Funny though. When I was in Toronto last year I went to The Duke of York pub..



 ...and had one of these:


..which is apparently a Yorkshire beer.

Go figure.

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Define where you'll be when you're only half way up.

Robert and the Catholics said...

Over the Tasman Sea?
Just hope it's not ...
"The ship was cheered, the harbour cleared,
Merrily did we drop
Below the kirk, below the hill,
Below the lighthouse top."

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What?

Feeling your age Second?
A bit ancient maybe.

Robert and the Catholics said...

The wedding guest sat on a stone
He had no choice but hear;
Thus spake on that ancient man
The wild eyed mariner.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Was his tall girlfriend there?