Friday 16 October 2015

CRACKED IT

I've become lazy lazier over the years particularly when it comes to clothes and dressing.
After many years of working in a corporate environment where dressing in business attire, tie included was the norm, I've slipped in to really casual wear on a daily basis.




When we go out The Old Girl often say's to me

"Put your grown-up clothes on"

or,

"I'm not going out with you dressed like that matey"

The shorts and tee shirt works well in Summer but in Autumn and Winter tends to get strange looks from passers by and shop staff.
In York, being northern England the days are becoming shorter and noticeably cooler.
I can get by with jeans and, to cover a multitude of fashion disasters - jackets and woolen coats.

I don't like wearing shirts though, especially collared shirts and it seems to me to be pointless when, if it's cold, you have to wear a jersey or jumper over the top of them.

The other day though I discovered this ideal combination.

It's a jumper that has a shirt top and collar sewn into it. I can wear a light tee shirt underneath but for all appearances it looks like I'm wearing a proper 'grown-up shirt underneath.

Brilliant.



2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Soon you'll start on track pants and other pants with elastic tops.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but at our age we may also need this e pants with the tie up bottoms.

TC