Tuesday 9 February 2016

NIGHTSWIMMING ....

  ........  deserves a quiet night.




... 


It was a quiet night tonight so after dinner we went for a swim.
It was after 9PM. There was no breeze and the water was totally still. It was getting dark but the water was 'warm' once you were in.

I have to admit though that my getting in takes a lot longer than the Old Girl's.
By the time she had swum 2 or 300 meteres and was heading back to shore I was about up to my waist.

"You big wuss" she said unkindly but at least didn't splash me or anything like that.

Eventually I submerged and did a sort of breast stroke/doggyy paddle/freestyle thing that to me was swimming. Once in the water did in fact seem warm.

I wonder though why there are warm patches and cold patches. What's that about? There were no kids about to blame them peeing in the water. Maybe a marine expert could enlighten me. Second Fiddle seems obsessed with The ancient Mariner, maybe he could shed some light.

As I was watching the Old Girl swimming a long way out, in the dark I was reminded of that opening sequence in Jaws.

JAWS

This is the Strauss music version so it won't scare you too much.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You should wear lights when swimming in the dark.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

..
I wore togs

Robert and the Catholics said...

The suns rim dipped, the stars rushed out,
In one stride came the dark;
With far heard whisper,o'er the sea,
Of shot his wife, no shark!

Anonymous said...

The great dark form bore down on another in the black sea.
A splintering sound was heard drowning out John Williams bass-line of the shark.
As he sunk beneath the waves a plaintive call came from Richard (of RBB)
"You should wear lights when swimming in the dark."