Tuesday 7 June 2016

CH CH CH CHANGES ...


Early last week I lit the fire as it was cold and I was convinced that winter had arrived.
Later in the week and through the long weekend the weather was wonderful - we went swimming on Sunday! Talk about changeability.

Last night we had a big windstorm that shook the house and did some damage to trees in the area. There were waves in the bay which was a bit unusual.




The cat found a kingfisher early this morning on the deck. It had been damaged in the storm and she brought it in to the kitchen. It and the cat were having a bit of a stand-off. The Old Girl managed to pick it up and put it outside where it sat for a while. I checked out the address for the bird sanctuary and got a box and tried to catch it but it flew off in a damaged, wonky way. I hope it recovers.



The Old Girl is off to Adelaide tomorrow for 2 weeks. The company she works for has an Australian office and they need her to help with a project. She enquired about a job that's going there so I think that they want to see how she would fit in and what her skills are. She will easily contribute and will up-skill their team but any job offer would have to come with a considerable increase in salary as I would have to give up what I'm doing. I'm sure that I could get work in Adelaide but it would be disruptive as they would want her there for 3 or 4 years at least. We would sell the Auckland apartment, keep the house up here and rent in Adelaide. Who knows? Another adventure. It may not eventuate but either way is OK.

I'm typing this on the newly restored iMac which is great. It now goes much faster and is so much easier to post using photos than using a laptop or worse, an iPad. I like the big screen (getting old I know).


2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I hope the heavy chair didn't blow over again.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, the heavy chair didn't blow over again but thanks for asking.
Now ... this chair fixation of yours ... Vincent Van Gough had one of those and ended up cutting his ear off.

Please be careful when shaving.