Sunday 10 July 2016

BLAME IT ON THE SCOTCH

It's a cold Sunday up here but I fortified myself with a warm fire and a drop of Scotch - well a couple of drops as it turned out but not a deluge.
As The Old Girl has returned to Auckland I turned up the music from the lounge loud so that in the study it has that nice 'remote' but very listenable quality (try it, it's often better than listening to it up close).

One of the albums I put on was the Alabama 3's Exile on Coldharbour Lane.
This is the one that has the best version of their 'Woke up One Morning' song the extended version on it. Bloody excellent.

Listen here:

ALABAMA 3

I've liked this band for a long time and we went to see them last year when we were in the UK.
See here:

HOLMFIRTH

That concert was like the ones I went to in Wellington in my student days - rough without all the slick stage presentation and big venue sophistication. It was raw, visceral and energetic. Loved it.

Good old British R&B and Blues stuff that harks back to the '60s but still not as good as this kind of stuff:


LIGHTN'N

No comments: