Wednesday 12 October 2016

KIDS HUH?

Richard wrote recently of the problems in his street of feral kids causing problems.




He's not alone in this as in our area there is a family of drongoes that has two teenagers - one about 16 and the other 13'sh who have both been expelled from school for stealing, bullying, wilful damage and a swag of other unsociable behaviours.

Rumour has it that they have been responsible for a number of burglaries in the area, something for which the police seem unable to do anything about. The parents are shits - father an unemployed alcoholic layabout and the mother a recently unemployed cleaner (caught on camera helping herself to employers cash) who are certainly not role models to these little bastards scrotes boys.

A recent endeavour by these young fellows who are learning their way through life is to destroy letter-boxes.



Not like this as the solution to this kind of attack could be fixed by this:




No, these little bastards scrotes boys have been setting fire to letter-boxes!
So far, in our street where these little bastards scrotes boys - oh fuck it - I'll stop being mealy-mouthed and say it - these little cunts don't live, there have been four instances of letter-boxes being burnt. This has been limited to only two properties - two each.

One of the owners, after the second incineration has installed a large metal contraption with menacing teeth. Good luck with that.

It's actually much scarier than this (downloaded from web)


The other guy has, after two wooden and plastic boxes have been melted, installed a small metal one. This guy. when driving past the two bastards walking around the bays, slowed down next to them and eye-balled them saying "if it's you I'll do you".

Now there is no proof that the burnings are down to these teenagers but the anecdotal evidence is pretty strong. After the second guy 'threatened' them there hasn't been any further activity but I'm sure it will start up again. The police have visited the family and I guess, without anything constructive to go on, have given them a caution but I feel that the only way that these little bastards will learn is if someone takes a baseball bat to them. I don't advocate violence but I did like that Bronson Vigilante film. Just saying.








5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It's very unfair when those type take advantage of decent people and spoil a nice community. Security cameras are quite cheap and you might get direct evidence.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Security cameras, yes, a very good idea. They work at school.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I'm surprised Second.
I thought that you would suggest counselling and caring for these poor, misunderstood boys.

I must admit though that I was considering installing a camera for around the house as when I go to Auckland the house is empty for a few days.
Any suggestions?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

The cheapest are dummy ones that look like the expensive ones. Probably $20. I have a real one that I found that was thrown away and screwed up under an eve,it is not connected to anything.
The second cheapest are those that use a radio frequency to send a picture to a monitor. Bit like door bells and baby monitors. I have one that I picked up cheap and we can flick on the black and white monitor that came with it (all up $50 if you can find one) and sit in our lounge and watch the front gate. I can hook this up to my DVD recorder too through the RCA connector.
There are other options using old cell phones that can be downloaded freeish from google play. I wouldn't go there.
The next are cameras that work through your Wifi and link to your computer. Maybe ok?
Finally there are wired versions that come in a pack usually 4 cameras with a dedicated hard drive to record everything for about a month and with the software to highlight any incidents.
The last is available from J-car for about $500 and they would be my preference.
Unless you have the software to high light an event the alternative of scanning hours of video footage is not really practical!
Though I could be wrong.



THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks Robert.
I think I'll go with the $500 option. I don't want a pretend one (kind of like having a cut-out dog) and I want to record any coming and going.
I'll check it out when I have some 'readies'.