Sunday 16 October 2016

LETTER TO THE EPHESIANS




Hi Ephesians

The Corinthians asked me to drop you a line - hope you don't mind.
My name is Paul. You may have heard of me as Saul? Confusing? Well maybe and there have been some nasty rumours floating around about my past life. This is a beat up by the media. I did not do those things. They are despicable. The media. They lie, lie, lie. I am a good person. Believe me. I write letters. I have the best letters. Big ones. Anyway, the Corinthians asked me to warn you about some old crazy named Richard who is sending out letters. Not good letters. I have the best letters.
Don't listen to him. They make no sense.
See for yourself: HERE

That was all I wanted to say but as I'm here and I know that the boss will want me to bang on about inform you of religious issues here are a couple to get started. It saves papyrus and, as you may have heard the boss is a bit parsimonious when it comes to my expenses.


1. We've got a church at Ephesus now which is new but you have to understand that god planned this from eternity. He did it to show the glory of his grace whatever that means. Anyway it's big and it's the best. It's the best church in Ephesus. No doubt about that.

2. Look, He saved you didn't he (whatever that means) and he wants to remind you of the great blessings he's given to you. These are not cheap buddy, believe me so anything you can contribute here will be much appreciated. I'll see that old goddy gets his share. Trust me.

3. Remember that we love all peoples. In Christ the middle wall of partition between the Jews and the Gentiles has been brought down. Remember that. Of course the Mexican wall will have to stay. That goes without saying OK?

4. You've got to live your lives worthy of the calling you've received. Yes, I know that the calls were made collect but hey! Expenses you know.

Anyway, look out for Crooked Richard.


Paul







5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...


Richard can yet be saved if he believes in Jesus.

Richard (of RBB) said...

But he doesn't. What a fuck off. Jesus can be such a cunt with his demands.

Richard (of RBB) said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0TvfqmWf4M

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Love that Randy Newman album. I'll have to look for it in the shed.

And I agree. The Christian deity is pretty demanding and so arrogant.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What I mean about the shed is that all of my records are in there.
I've got lots of LPs, 45s, 78s and some older antique-type ones but unfortunately don't have a record player any more.
I think I'll buy one and see if these records still play.