Saturday 3 December 2016

WE'VE GOT TO GET OURSELVES BACK TO THE GARDEN




JONI MITCHELL - "WOODSTOCK"


I got back into the garden today.
I finished off the fern and flax tidy-up along the side of the house. I can actually see the pathway again.

BEFORE


AFTER


The Old Girl isn't up here this weekend as she has some work things to do in Auckland before going to Adelaide again for a couple of weeks but if she was here she would no doubt give me a C plus for the job. I can live with that as it is after all a pass.

Inspired by this I then proceeded to do other gardening things.


  • Weeded the backyard garden.
  • Sprayed weeds invading the gravel parking area.
  • Mowed the lawns.
I had some trouble with the mower which is usually so reliable. Once I got it to start it would go for a bit before conking out. I cleaned the spark plug and fiddled with the fuel system managing to burn my thumb on the exhaust mechanism in the process. Bummer. Eventually the motor ran sufficiently to cut the lawns (to a C minus standard).

All good and finished. Some friends are coming around this afternoon to play snooker. I've had ice on the burned thumb so hopefully it'll be OK.

7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey, good job! Just one thing, C is an old style mark.
There days the grades are Not Achieved, Achieved, Achieved with Merit and Achieved with Excellence. I'd give you at least an Achieved with Merit for that flax job.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks for that.
Plus ca change plus ca meme.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I don't have a piano but thanks for asking.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

How can you give him a Merit Richard?
Did you have your assessment moderated? I think not ... BAD BOY

Even so, nice work Mr C, the Japanese tool seems to be earning its keep.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm going to a jazz jam this afternoon, but will only have a couple of beers. Does that count as moderation TSB?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Beer in the afternoon?
Oh memories, memories of Sunday's past.
I can't do that anymore as it makes me want to go to sleep.
Hope you had a good one Richard..
Cheers!