Thursday 23 March 2017

NOT WAVING BUT DROWNING






NOT WAVING BUT DROWNING



What a laugh!

On Sunday we took the kayaks out for a spin. We paddled across to the other side of the bay and had a swim there at a quiet beach.
On the way back I went hell for leather to beat The Old Girl, not stopping all the way.

At our beach I dragged the kayak up to the road and waited for her to arrive. My new double kayak is bloody heavy. When the Old Girl beached I carried her kayak up to the roadside and had a dizzy spell. I had to sit down for a bit to recover. I guess that I'd overdone it on the fast paddle back as I'm a bit under-fit after my bout of shingles over Christmas/New Year.

Once I felt recovered I helped The Old Girl put her kayak away under the house and fitted the wheels to mine and pulled it up the driveway. At the top of the driveway I went dizzy again and sat/laid down for a rest.




At this time friend Rod drove up and parked opposite our driveway. He and his wife were going for a swim. He sighted me sitting/lying down by my kayak and waved. I sort of raised my hand and waved back. I got up after a few minutes and put the kayak away up the back of the house. I then went inside and had a snooze for an hour.

A couple of days later I was talking to Rod and told him that I wouldn't want to be drowning while he was on the beach watching. He'd think I was just waving!


6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey, you take it easy old fella! In Italian they say, "Chi va piano va sano e va lontano." Who goes slow goes long and healthy. Let the old girl win and you might benefit on two counts.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Sound advice. Thanks.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Wink, wink, we know why you were racing back! She's been away a while, eh nods as good as a wink!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, trying to get back to tidy the kitchen.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well, a wink is as good as a nod to a blind man. Just take it easy il mio amico speciale. We have many more good times to spend together. Don't rush off this planet because Robert's sadistic god might be waiting. Though he could be wrong. After all, he has been in the past.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I was just going to post a comment on Robert's blog but the bloody Post self-destructed.

I was going to say "Try this for cadence"


https://youtu.be/4xEEkruL75U