Tuesday 14 March 2017

UNDER ATTACK?


"Well said. You must be a born again christian!"

Said Robert after I'd put a cynical comment on his post the other day.

Now I don't know if he was being cynical or sarcastic with this reply but it smacked of that blind Christian earnestness. You know the type.




Anyway I got to thinking today about Christians and especially Catholics and how they will have to go about recruitment in the future. In the past they just sent marginally educated priests from the 'leading' Western countries out to the colonies  and to the 'unexplored' reaches of the world to enlighten the darkies, the asian people, the misguided Muslims and the host of other heathens out there - banging on about their god, making them read an incomprehensible book (even if they could read English) and making them all cover up their naughty parts.






In more recent times though Catholicism and Christianity has been radically declining in the Western world to the point for example that Ireland has been importing Catholic missionaries from the previous darker regions in order to educate the Irish in the faith. I kid you not, look it up.










Robert's reply to my comment scared me. If the Catholic Church is losing its base and finding it hard to compete with the greatly increasing Muslim faith, is it going to go door knocking to bring back lapsed Catholics whether they want to go back or not?










"COME ON OUT WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE

2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Deep. You obviously have a better knowledge of scripture than anyone I've listened to recently. That was sarcasm. I did not mean to be offensive. I'm sure I have not sinned because I said it with an obvious smile to prove a point.
You originally said "...... blowing in the wind.
Sounds about right to me".
I simply turned your insult around and allured to the Greek of Spirit which is breath or wind.
So to blow in the wind is to receive the Holy Spirit that is like the wind that gives life. If you had said "... there is no wind. Sounds right to me". I would immediately realize that life would die without wind as we would just breath in our own breath again.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well!
That sounds like a lot of hot air now.