Monday 3 April 2017

WINDOWS 4


Not this


It's a grey day here today although fortunately not as bad as Wellington is likely to be over the next couple of days. The Great Flood springs to mind - Robert will know of the relevant bible passages.


Today's window is brought to you by the number four. 4. It's the laundry door that leads out to the back porch.



While not a particularly attractive or different door, it is functional.
The top third is clear which looks out to the wood sculpture affixed to the porch wall and my gardening hat which is stuck on top of a broom.

The middle third panel is a textured glass (quite old) which affords some privacy for anyone in the laundry.
I guess that you could be standing there with no pants on, talking to someone through the door without them fully knowing your state of undress.

The bottom third is wood and has a cat door affixed in it.

As I said this door leads outside from the laundry. We don't use it very often but, if and when we use the rear end of the house for Air B&B, it will provide a separate entrance for guests as we will be able to lock off the hallway access to the 'flat' and people can come and go without bothering us.

I'll have to leave a window open for the cat to come and go though as this will also lock off her door.



7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

News and events must be slow up there in the far north.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

This is a very popular series.
I have some more window posts to do but I think I'll move on to floors next.

I know that Robert will appreciate it.

Robert and the Catholics said...

Yes I did. Those old glass pains are irreplaceable. Just a couple of questions if I may.
Why did you glue your hat to the top of the broomstick?
What's Air B&B? Did you mean air RBB which doesn't really make sense either.
When you have guests do you shut yourself's in the front of the house and direct them to come in the back via the laundry hoping they will do your washing on the way through? Actually a good idea!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK, here we go (again)!

"Yes I did. Those old glass pains are irreplaceable. Just a couple of questions if I may. - Pains? Really.

Why did you glue your hat to the top of the broomstick?" - The broomstick isn't a method of travel. Didn't you notice the feather in the hat? This is what gets me around.

"What's Air B&B? Did you mean air RBB which doesn't really make sense either" - Well Air B&B is a way of making money by renting out your spare room. Air RBB makes a lot of sense to me and will to you if you think about it.

"When you have guests do you shut yourself's in the front of the house and direct them to come in the back via the laundry hoping they will do your washing on the way through? Actually a good idea!" - Eureka! That is s good idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it before ..... oh, I know, we like having our friends come to stay.

Robert and the Catholics said...

Again? I only wrote one comment be it with multiple salient questions!!
Cheap joke about pains. I instantly realized my error but Google does not allow editing of comments. Like real life I guess.
I didn't ask how you travel. I asked about the hat. Stay focused.
Well if Air B&B is a way of accumulating wealth it doesn't make any sense to me because you haven't explained what it is? Again focus.
Then a contradictory comment about shutting of the front of the house to be alone and liking friends to stay! Oh dear.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Broken glass can be a pane in the arse. Old saying.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That's the trouble with old people saying things - sometimes they make no sense.