Wednesday 17 May 2017

GARDENING (PART TWO)

I know, I know, that old soon to be retired schoolteacher from Nuova Lazio begged me not to create a 'gardening' series. Normally I'm open to the wants and needs of old people and try to help them when I can. When it comes to that old soon to be retired schoolteacher from Nuova Lazio though there's not a lot I can do to help him - other than to comply with his wish but another old and soon to be retired commercial cleaner from Petone heights begged me to create and continue with a 'gardening' series.

What to do?

I looked at the merits of both requests and had to decide  who needed a favour most. I trawled through the blog posts of both of these supplicants and drew up a good:bad list from each.




-->

GOOD
BAD
SCHOOLTEACHER
Soon to retire



Bangs on about double basses


Bangs on about fiddles


Writes in an unintelligible foreign language sometimes

Drinks wine with his meals
Drinks wine without meals


Drinks cheap and rubbishy wine

Goes to bed early
Gets up too early

Helps old people
Is a bit OCD when it comes to toilet practices.


Probably practises his double bass in the toilet






COMMERCIAL CLEANER
A few years to retirement



Bangs on a bit about religion.


Bangs on a bit about Catholicism.


Believes in the Holy Trinity


Thinks that a god created the universe

Argues with Jehovah Witnesses
Sells cup-cakes

Is a good home handyman
Is a good home handyman (bastard!)


Gets up early


Brews and drinks beer


Drinks even worse wine than the schoolteacher


Sleeps with a spirit medium


I found that there wasn't much between them but re-read a couple of posts that the commercial cleaner wrote detailing (with disturbing audio recordings) his harrowing experience sleeping with a spirit medium. I decided that the poor guy needed some consideration so here is Gardening (Part Two).


GARDENING  (PART TWO)

Now that we've reached this point I've found that I don't have a lot to report. It's sort of like the ante-climactic announcements in the Monty Python films and series.



or like this:


ANTE-CLIMACTIC CLASH



Hang on ......... here's something to keep you going.

A couple of months ago I bought a lot of different herbs and planted them in pots to put on the deck close to the kitchen. I've been using these in my cooking but some of them are looking a bit sad.



I hope that you enjoyed this. Richard (of RBB), you'd better go and have a lie-down.



4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Holy Mother of Angry Jesus!
That's it! I'm doing a post on wine!

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

ANTE-CLIMACTIC CLASH I love it! That's what the PB's should be doing.... but we're not going there!

We are talking GARDENING.

In general, if you want to stress a plant put it in a pot!
Clay pots seem to absorb moisture too.
I'd plant the Rosemary in a sunny spot in your garden and maybe keep the Thyme on the kitchen window ledge where you can water it frequently and pick it easily.


THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks Robert.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Robert, that's a great idea - putting your slightly weird poetry to music.
The PB's would be a hit for sure - kind of Avante-Garde stuff like the Beat movement and NYC in the 60's and 70's.

To successfully get the full message to the audience would require some sort of sub-titles or sur-titles on the stage above the band like they do with Opera.
This would allow the full quirkiness of your spelling and grammar to underline the content.

I'd be a starter to come and see that.