Tuesday 23 May 2017

GETTING OLD AND GOING DO-LALLY



Yesterday I submitted my paperwork for the OAP (Superannuation) which will hopefully come my way in about 10 weeks time.

It's strange thinking that I've got this old - hey it's my parents age (or was). The things that I've been used to doing easily get a bit harder as time goes on. Richard told me yesterday that he's been getting all sorts of aches and pains and he's just a whippersnapper.

Some people suffer from forms of dementia when they get old which must be pretty horrible.
I was thinking of this when I was in the shower today. Why the shower? Well, I was about to get out and remembered that I hadn't rinsed off the shampoo.




Warning bells?

No, not really, I've been doing stuff like since my 20s:


  • getting out of the shower with soap all over
  • forgetting where I put things
  • going into a room and wondering why I went there
  • going shopping and forgetting what I wanted to buy
  • forgetting my PIN number when at the supermarket counter.
etc.



Of course it could mean that I suffered a very early form of dementia but I'm hoping it will just be business as usual.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

When you question if you have dementia, it's a good clue that you don't. Though Robert could be wrong.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Forgetting to rinse is alright. I do that all the time.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I don't. Though, there again, I only shower once every three months - whether I need to or not.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well when you are officially an OAP in a few months you can give up that excessive cleanliness and only bathe once a year.
No one will really notice anyway as you will continually smell of pee.